We are a group that are dedicated to the introduction, development and practical application of crystallographic concepts and techniques in an industrial or applied context relating to the structure and properties of materials. Our constitution can be found at https://industrial.crystallography.org.uk/constitution/
The Industrial group is a collaboration between the Crystallography & X-ray Diffraction (XRD) community and the X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) community.
The role of the IG is to promote and support these two communities within an industrial or applied context. This is done via a few regular activities:
• Several sessions at the British Crystallography Association Annual Spring meeting, arranged either individually by the IG or in conjunction with other groups of the BCA.
• An Autumn meeting on a topic of current interest in the field of Crystallography & X-ray Diffraction (XRD), again arranged either individually by the IG or in conjunction with other groups both within the BCA and wider.
• A one day meeting, typically in May, on a topic of current interest in the field of X-ray Fluorescence.
• Contribution to the Crystallography Newsletter.
• XRF Community website https://sites.google.com/site/bcaxrf/links
The committee meeting review